Search the Diary Google Custom Search

Friday, January 02, 2004

Bad news at the doctor's today. My cervix is shortening quickly. They want to do a cerclage here at 20 weeks. The cerclage could save Elise or kill her. If we choose not to do the cerclage that decision could save her or kill her. We don't know what to do.

This is all happening because of the bad choice I made in my first pregnancy, a choice I made due to HG. Bad choices have consequences. I am praying that God will intervene, but I understand that intervention can only happen if it is God's will. Please join me in praying for Elise's life. I want her to live here with us, and I want to grow old and have her outlive me.

I praise God for giving her to me and am so sorry that my misguided choice is threatening her life.

Even if she was only promised to me for a little while, I have had her this long and have enjoyed very much her life thus far. No matter what happens I have that. I will always have a daughter named Elise, and I will always love her. I am not sorry I fought for her with everything I had to give.

Even if she dies it has all been worth it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?