<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Search the Diary Google Custom Search

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I went to the Wednesday night prayer supper tonight. The pastor's wife, a dear, gentle lady and friend of mine, caught me sort of groaning over my aching back.

"I know how you feel," she said having just had a little one eight months ago.

Accidentally, I burst out laughing and said, "No you don't!"

She protested sweetly, "Ashli, I just had a baby myself; I remember the horrible back aches of the third trimester! I totally know how you feel."

"Oh," I said, "you were in bed for 30 weeks and then you just all of a sudden got up for the first time with a full-blown baby in your stomach?"

"Ummmm....OK, I don't know how you feel."

I'm a pain in the butt. It's a wonder I have any friends at all. That I do is proof of God's grace!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?